Fourteen BoardDocs® subscribers have been recognized by the editors of Sunshine Review as recipients of the 4th annual “Sunny Award." The 2013 awards, given to 247 winners out of over 1,000 qualifying organizations reviewed, recognize the best state and local government Web sites in America that exceeded transparency standards.
The following BoardDocs subscribers earned an “A” transparency score based on proactive disclosure of information on items such as budgets, meetings, lobbying, financial audits, contracts, academic performance, public records and taxes:
- Orange County Public Schools, Florida
- Schaumburg Community Consolidated School District 54, Illinois
- Township High School District 211, Illinois
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Illinois
- Howard County Public Schools, Maryland
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools, Maryland
- Ann Arbor Public Schools, Michigan
- Reading School District, Pennsylvania
- Jordan School District, Utah
- Arlington Public Schools, Virginia
- Fairfax County Public Schools, Virginia
- Hampton City Schools, Virginia
- Loudoun County Public Schools, Virginia
- Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools, Virginia
Since its inception in 2008, Sunshine Review has analyzed the governmental transparency Web sites of all fifty states. As the pioneer of eGovernance solutions, BoardDocs has helped hundreds of organizations nationwide dramatically increase transparency, save money and reduce the time spent producing board packets by up to 75 percent.
Congratulations to all Sunny Award winners and thank you for promoting government transparency! To learn more about Sunshine Review, visit www.sunshinereview.org.