The Recreation Centers of Sun City West will unveil its new eGovernance website in a couple weeks.
The process of transitioning to BoardDocs, an online repository for Governing Board documents and meeting management, has been under way for the last few months, but will become publicly visible as soon as the RCSCW websites redirect visitors for Board business to the new site.
BoardDocs is nationally known and allows for greater transparency, cost savings with decreased paper usage and smoother communications. As with all transitions, residents are cautioned there will be some bumps in the road during the transition period. The end goal is easier navigation to desired documents, and more efficient meeting and record keeping.
Residents who search scwaz.com to search for Board agendas and minutes will soon be redirected to the BoardsDoc site. Some highlights visitors can expect to see include a menu across the top which includes:
- A “Featured” tab that will include high-interest and timely agendas, documents or meetings.
- “Meetings,” which includes upcoming, current and historical meetings. After clicking the tab, options pop up allowing people to view the agenda or print it.
- “Agendas,” which brings up the list of agenda items on the left. Clicking each item brings up more details on the right.
- “Policies,” including a digital binder of rules, policies and bylaws. All are searchable.
- A “Library” of important or high-interest documents and other items. It is currently populated with Committee information and the Five Year Plan and Organizational Chart. Additional info to be added.
- A “Search” feature
BoardDocs offers additional functions for Board Directors, which will be rolled out as needed. It allows the Manager to conduct the meeting online in terms of running an active agenda so the current agenda item is highlighted; posting Board vote results on action items so members can see what the tally is; and having an online speaker timer for meetings as needed.
Members can expect to see the scwaz.com website refer to the new site soon, and see the new functions in coming weeks. The existing scwaz.com and suncitywest.com sites will remain in use for other Association news and information. The new site is just for Board documents and information.